THE CHEF'S DAUGHTER
Being the daughter of a chef, India Rose grew up in a Spanish restaurant. She played with dried pasta and rice and did little naps in paella pans. From an early age she spent many hours in the kitchen which is how she grew up with an enormous love for food.
With her art projects she tries to make the consumer aware of the problems in the food industry with a real portion of 'food for thought'. At the same time she wants to reassure the consumer, by providing a series of possible solutions.
She bundles all concepts, culinary experiences, and recipes she creates in the utopian manual for the kitchen of tomorrow. An ever growing collection of creations which are far from standard, sometimes not even feasible so far. But they do form the steps towards a better food industry.
PRESS & ARTICLES
1. GENOMINEERD VOOR DE FOOD100 2019 - FOOD100
2. STRAKS EET JE EEN 'PLASTIC TAS' IN JE KOMMETJE SOEP - HET PAROOL
4. IN DEZE SOEP ZIT EXPRES EEN PLASTIC ZAK - NOS JEUGD JOURNAAL
6. ARTICLE ABOUT THE UTOPIAN DINNER - MOLD MAGAZINE
7. INTERVIEW AT KUNSTQUARTIER BETHANIAN - FOOD ART WEEK
KASK School of Arts - Media arts
2014 - 2020
Gerrit Rietveld Academie - Orientation year
2011 - 2012
2007 - 2013